Monday 7 February 2022

New work for 2022

 


Sunrise on the school run 40 x 40 cm acrylic on canvas.

How are you all doing? It seems the news gets crazier by the day to the point now where I'm listening to much more music to distract me from the buffoon in charge. Thankfully I'm of an age where I know that things come to pass and we come out the other side eventually it just seems to have been a bloody long decade!
We are lucky though if only we open our eyes and see the beauty that is all around every day, last week or maybe it was the week before who knows but each morning I was blinded on the way home from the school run by magnificent sunrises which alongside massive traffic jams meant I had plenty of time to absorb all the colours. This inspired me to get the paints out and put them all down at once onto the canvas with one of them being the above piece called Sunrise on the school run showing the view on the way to Kilburn.
My new job has sent me up some hills in Matlock Bath, and the surrounding area, here's one that I've just finished too.



Matlock Bath from the Jubilee Bridge.35 x 25 cm.

Along with the representational stuff I've just wanted to get the colour down so here's a few abstract studies, I love doing these very therapeutic.

30 x 24 cm

 10 x 8"

6 x 8"

30 x 24 cm

The colours all look better in real life so I hope you can come along and see me this year at the various events I will be doing around the area. See my website www.ruthgrayimages.com for details.

It was nice to see my painting in the background of this video the other day :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment