Thursday 21 December 2017

Christmas Just Do it!

I'm sitting here surrounded by twinkly lights so many that I don't need my main lights on i have them in the kitchen the living room outside and all the way up the stairs my radio is tuned to magic Christmas and is pumping out all the hits not one surface in my house hasn't been tinseled or glittered.


Some may say I'm sad some may say ah well its nice when you have kids to do that but I did it before kids I tinseled and sparkled through many a Christmas when I lived alone.
Truth is I love this time of year so much , dark nights pj's on by 4 pm cold outside good I'm not going out darkness is my thing get the candles out and huddle in a blanket what could be better, no wishing I was on a beach or any of that.

I have now been celebrating Christmas for weeks giving out cards and handing over gifts looking at tree displays in country houses listening to Bing Crosby on a loop, mostly because I've been selling my art at shows and that demands that I am stood with a festive spirit listening to old classics.



Im not one to moan about Slade or Roy Wood  in fact I am transported back to my childhood everytime I hear   Noddy Holder I think of our old silver christmas tree and masses of presents all underneath our family always did a great Christmas no matter what was actually going on in our family and believe me there was alot going on (we just didnt know!) it was fab cider, peanuts crap TV we got to stay up late. I want that for my kids too not the cider but all the rest of it the memories etc...
My motto is more is more and at Christmas we can all extend some kind of happiness and festive fun, when folk say I dont like Christmas I am sad for them as its the only bloody time of the year we get to cover everything in pastry and have bucks fizz for breakfast as well as decorate the towns and smile at each other come January we are all moaning again and thinking about joining a gym or something equally stupid.

We spend all year being careful, tasteful, mindful watching our weight, watching the clock ,watching the budget ,watching each other keeping up appearances, ....blah blah Christmas is a time for hugging friends waving at the neighbors wishing people well being generally less miserable.



Obviously there are some who cant crack a smile and for some its a painful time of year for many reasons and that's a shame but generally if your health and well being is good and there is an excuse to partake in a week long twinkling time of kindness then why not because in a couple of weeks it will be January and our streets will be back to rain soaked dullness living rooms bare again and it will be fish fingers for tea.
Enjoy if you can be thankful for friends and family extra bone for the dog and let the cat in.
We get one chance at all of this living stuff have fun merry everything and see you in the new year x
http://ruthgrayimages.net

No comments:

Post a Comment