Friday 11 March 2022

Guest Blog: By Annes Photos. Supporting International Women’s Day


Supporting International Women’s day, I am welcoming fellow creative Annes Photos to my blog

Allow me to introduce myself, I’m Anne Haile working as a Creative Photographer, Blogger and Photography educator/ judge / speaker. I’m delighted to be participating in this blog exchanger in support of International Women’s Day. Greetings to female creatives everywhere.

It is my belief that we need to be much more than creatives these days. In order to get our work seen and know we also need business skills, to be internet / social media savvy and to work co-operatively with others. Without all this our work will sit appreciated by ourselves alone.

Creative Photography

You may be wondering what is Creative Photography? Its photography with a creative edge. It starts with an idea (mine or a clients) which gets developed and made into a picture rather than simply taking a photograph what is put in front of me. This can be anything from placing a flower against a particular-coloured background or it can be a complex creation with many pieces built into a still life. Alternatively, it can involve styling a model or providing appropriate vintage items for a photoshoot.

This means that I can turn your ideas for your business photography into reality. I can provide image for websites and fine art prints for walls. As I hold a Licentiate from the Royal Photographic Society you can be sure all work is carried out to the highest standards.

Garden and Heritage Photography

As well as creative photography I offer garden and heritage photography. My photography won International Garden Photographer of the Year ( Calke Abbey) 2021 and has been features in several national exhibitions. During 2021 several of my projects were for Derbyshire based heritage charities which of course were carried out free of charge. If you have a great garden, you would like immortalised or an interesting heritage project you want to record then I would be delighted to hear from you.



Education and Talks

Would you like to learn to take better more impactful pictures? I offer one to one photography education and mentoring from the basics upwards including Photoshop education. This can be on-line via Zoom or in person as you prefer. Your choice and at your pace. There are several free photoshop tutorials on my blog at annesphotos.uk for those of you interested in using Photoshop to transform your photos into works of art.

As an approved judge I am available to Camera Clubs to judge competitions and to all groups and organisations for talks on photography and photo editing.

Blogging

Another side of my work is blogging, and I offer articles on the following topics:

Photography Basics, Creative Photography, Photoshop and Photo editing

Creativity – finding and developing it

Blogging and Search Engine Optimisation (I have an IT degree and spent more than 20 years working in this field)

Yoga and Meditation (I’m a fully qualified yoga teacher although not currently teaching)

Vintage, Antiques and Collecting

Vegetarian / Vegan life

All articles will of course have my images to support them. Articles can be free of charge for medium to high-ranking websites in return for links back to my own site.

Your Creativity on my Website

Your creativity can also be featured on my website. If you have something to say about creativity, then I would be happy to publish it along with details about you and your business and links back to your work. This is available for start-ups as well as more established businesses.

I have thousands of social media followers interested in photography, art and creativity mainly Instagram and Twitter and will always share your work with them. Additionally, I have thousands of followers interested in Vintage / antiques on Facebook.

Top Tips

· You can improve your creativity by looking outside of your own area. Watch a film, got to an art gallery, listen to live music or bake a cake for example. You never know, something may spark and idea.

· There is never enough time in a day but do take a little “me time” anyway. Your work can’t be any good if you are burnt out. Personally, I’ve been doing yoga for over 20 years. It calms me down and helps me focus as well as the usual physical benefits.

· Remember to have a bit of fun along the way.



Working Together

Does any of this interest you? Whilst I work solo much of the time, I do believe that great things can happen when we work together creatively. So, if there is anything of interest for you then give me a follow and a shout. I follow back 😊 Website: AnnesPhotos.UK Instagram: Anne (@anne_haile) Twitter: Anne (@AnnesPhotos) / Twitter Facebook: Annes Photos | Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment