Wednesday 15 September 2021

New Work


Well, this year is just flying by and it is unbelievable that the last blog I did was in April! I have been blogging but mainly for work purposes and my own business marketing has been a little neglected. That's not to say that my art has been neglected. Recently I have been painting more outside of my studio and it's been lovely to meet up with other artists and just spend the day painting. The painting above was very enjoyable to do I painted it with friends outside the renovated Aqueduct Cottage on Cromford Canal. Five years ago we painted the boards that were used to protect the building while it was being renovated, so it was nice to meet up again now it is finished.

Below is my series that celebrates 50 years since the High Peak Railway became a trail. I am enjoying taking my time with these. Was lovely to display them recently at Cromford Mill and gather people's reactions.
I have finished a commission recently but I will not share that just yet as it's a suprise!

So really I'm slowly getting things together again after moving house and changing my working practices to fit in around my family. I keep getting opportunities to do other things so I must admit I've been getting a bit waylaid! Next year I will have to get refocused again :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment