Monday 8 October 2018

Update Wheres September Gone?

Its been a busy few weeks starting my MA Public History and Heritage at university and getting to grips with all that along with maintaining a business and looking after my family all in that order I'm afraid!
University was something I wanted to do to get my brain into gear but as someone who can't do things half-hearted, I've found myself knee deep reading articles and papers one leads to another and before I know it I've read myself around the world it's interesting but I need to manage my time better!
The trouble is I find everything interesting so I need to focus (perhaps I've exchanged my bad Facebook habits to documents? ) I've already met some brilliant people on the course so I've got two lovely years ahead!
 The upside of all this is now my artwork feels more fun! It was great to visit Tamworth Art Society and spend a couple of hours demoing for them they are such a great group lots of questions and answers while I painted a scene of Ashbourne.

Duffield Art Festival was brilliant lots of customer interest best show for a long time, its a great mix of poetry acting singing and art so the weekend went fast!

Back in Ashbourne at St John Street Gallery, my workshop on simplifying street scenes went down well with a participant  saying:

Thank you once again for the time you spent with me and the marvelous help and advice. I had a most enjoyable day and have been singing your praises at the Matlock U3A painting group this morning.

We concentrated on this wonderful little shop which posed various challenges, but the day was really relaxing. Plein Air painting is not my thing as such but the sketching side of being outdoors I find important and something I like to show to others how they can develop so they can create their own style that is unique to them.

I have been enjoying working to commision and was thrilled to see my last painting in its owners new home.

Now I'm looking towards Christmas so I have created an album on my Facebook page of 21 available prints just contact me if you would like to order one last orders Dec1st.

I will be at
Belper Farmers Market Oct 13th 9-1
Glebe center Crich 1-5 Oct 20th
The remarkable art cafe Nov 3rd Remarkable Hare Dale Road Matlock 10 - 4 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment