Saturday 11 October 2014

A Week in October


This week I have  knuckled down to doing some work above is Autumn at Bakewell Market 20 x 24" and below is Rose Street Edinburgh 16 x 20 " I have to take some better photos as its been so dark this week the colours are not really showing here.


I have tried my hardest to capture atmosphere rather than detail something I am working on! 
After watching Max Hale demonstrating at Studio 61 last week I have his words echoing in my head every time I pick up a brush! 
I enjoyed sitting for his portrait session 2.5 hours just flew by it was fun and here's the result! (photo by Sally Haylock)


I have an exhibition of 20 new works at Erewash Museum in Ilkeston its on until the end of October. Its a wonderful Museum free entry and full of history of the local area.



Tuesday I facilitated a Big Draw at Studio 61 Gallery it was a lovely couple of hours of relaxation just doodling for fun with no worries about outcomes or meanings sometimes its good just to scribble with friends. I am a keen supporter of drawing for fun! 


My next drawing workshop is at Cromford Studio and Gallery November 11th 10 - 1pm usually £40 per person but mention that you saw this blog and get the session for £20! email me at ruthgrayimages@hotmail.com spaces are limited so hurry!


No comments:

Post a Comment