Sunday 21 September 2014

Drawing Workshops

Yesterday I had the pleasure of conducting a drawing workshop at The Gallery Sutton Bonington http://suttonboningtongallery.com/about/ all said they were non drawers so for me to see the results at the end was amazing as you can see from the photos below:






I think you will agree they are fab! I use a gentle and unconventional method of teaching drawing so that before you know it you will have created a piece of work to be proud of. There are many books that explain drawing in very technical terms and I think that puts many people off I believe that you should just get stuck in and have a go get messy and see what happens but always paying attention to the basics of shape and tone.
I am passionate about drawing as a basis to a finished piece but I also love drawing for the way of capturing information, last Friday morning I went out to Shipley park with my friend Jen Oldknow
and spent a couple of hours sketching people running and feeding ducks, I may or may not use these in the future but I have a sketch book full of quick sketches of people and it always helps to have a few references of people to add into my paintings.



To put my money where my mouth is I am facilitating a Big Draw session for free at Studio 61 Gallery on October 7th  10.30 -12 details in this link http://www.thebigdraw.org/event/Come_Draw_With_Me/3243 its just a chance to draw and meet other artists a bit of fun really. would love for you to come and have a go!


My next formal workshop is at Cromford Studio and Gallery (below) on November 11th 10 - 1pm £40pp to book email me at ruthgrayimages@hotmail.com spaces are limited to five people.



No comments:

Post a Comment