Wednesday 1 May 2019

A Legacy of Inspiration

Ok so I've just driven five hours along motorways and windy new forest back roads and found my Aunts house she greets me at the door and immediately takes me for a long walk......


Its been a long sad month since she passed away and her funeral yesterday was both hard but reassuring of a life well spent.
Not a moment of her time was wasted. She knew how to live a full life from home cooking fabulous meals to decorating her home with found treasures from the beach. To making everyone she encountered feel special.
Time spent with her was a joy she would fill your head full of positive images from her travels and tales of family success she rarely spoke ill of anyone.
She taught me to paint and bought my first professional art materials when I was very young.
Her paintings filled her walls and she used art to educate herself and as a way of finding new friends when she frequently moved around the country with my Uncles job. It was her I had in mind when I joined an art society in Australia as she told me you are never alone if you have art in your life, and it is so very true. Artists can strike up a conversation as though they have been your friend for years because there is always something to discuss from the composition to the paint you use or just sharing a problem you may have with a scene. 
Driving with my Aunt was fun as she would always take the road less traveled so we could discover beautiful views. Trips out always involved coffee and cake and a mooch around lovely galleries and shops, her life was wonderful because she made it so.
Life is a choice after all and it is the choice between seeing the beauty or not seeing the beauty.
To die having lived in the best kind of way is to leave a kind of magic dusting of happiness on all who knew you.
I will miss her but she is with me as I continue on my journey.
Love you Auntie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment