Saturday 26 May 2018

An Academic Change

May has been a great month for me lots of sales and new contacts. But apart from the art I have decided to go back to University (again! The picture above is ten years ago!) to study an MA part time, in Public History and Heritage . I am studying part time and I hope it will compliment my work as a painter of heritage buildings and areas.
I often found myself lacking in knowledge when trying to explain the World Heritage Site where I live and it will be great to really understand why something is classed as having a heritage  who has deemed that classification and what it means for those living under the banner of World Heritage. I also would like to find work locally where I can combine all my interests when I'm not doing the school run anymore in two years time!
It will not effect my work as an artist it will enhance it but I will have to slow down on many of the things I have been voluntarily doing in order to give fully to the studies.
Below are two recent works from the Clusters area of Belper.


Having said that there seems to be no slowing down as I have just agreed to have a solo show at The Guild Hall in Derby from September to December at Gallery 5. So I will be busy preparing for that over summer.
Right now I am setting up for a week at The Gothic Warehouse Cromford Mills May 26th - June 3rd where I will be showing work with 8 other artists and makers for Derbyshire Open Arts. I hope some of you can come along and say hello.


Bye For Now
Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment