Friday 17 March 2017

Mixed Media Longshaw Minitures


I've really enjoyed creating these small works this week in between getting my solo exhibition ready there is something very calming about making tiny pieces of work. There is probally as many hours in each of these as one four times the size as they are layer upon layer of paint and mediums along with coloured pencils and ink.
I love the way they shimmer in the light thats the bronze powder mixed in I notice many visitors to my shows love holding my work up to the light to see the different effects and have been told by buyers that they move my paintings around the house to catch different effects.
These are at the framers now all roughly 10 x 10 cm






Quick note my solo exhibition at St John Street Gallery starts tonight at 5 pm and finishes April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment