Thursday 1 December 2016

Exhibitions,Stalls,Mnce Pies and Wine!


December is not a time for slowing down no matter how much I want to sit on the sofa eating quality streets there’s work to be done and paintings to show.

Exhibitions
Cromford Studio and Gallery December 2016
Joint Exhibition with Martin Sloman, December Christmas Open Day Saturday 17th




It is wonderful that I get to again collaborate with friend and gallery owner Martin Sloman we have a joint solo show at his Cromford Studio and Gallery, for the last four years we have done this and each year on the last Saturday before Christmas we have an Open Day with wine and mince pies and generally try and bring you some Christmas spirit, in this age of internet shopping we feel it’s nice to offer a bit of the old school face to face cheer. Let’s be honest Black Friday / Cyber Monday doesn’t have much cheerfulness attached to it although the bargains can be good there’s no social aspect involved so come down and say hello I would love to meet you.



The Gallery Sutton Bonington December 2016
Solo exhibition ‘Works on Paper’
http://www.suttonboningtongallery.com/

The Gallery at Sutton Bonington has kindly extended my ‘works on paper’ solo exhibition until January there you will find a range of sizes of my paintings. The Gallery is open 11 - 6 Thursday to Sunday.



Stalls
Recently at the fairs and shows I have been doing I have heard that there is a total difference to seeing my artwork in the flesh as opposed to a computer screen and I agree I use texture and this effect is lost on a device. So other opportunities to view my work in the real world are my stalls I have two left this year.

Medley
Cromford Mill Exhibition Space 3rd to the 8th December 2016
I am joined by fellow artisans in A Medley of Arts and Crafts, glass, wood, textiles, pottery, and painting. 



Number 28 Farmers Art & Cafe Market Place Belper 9-1pm
December 10th



2017
Déda Exhibition January 5th - March 2017
Launch Night January 5th all welcome.
Deda, Chapel Street, Derby DE1 3GU
http://www.deda.uk.com/

And before the tinsel has even been packed away I have a solo exhibition at Déda. Déda is one of the key cultural organisations in the city. Déda receives funding from Arts Council England and Derby City Council. Déda houses a 124  capacity studio theatre, three dance studios, meeting room facilities and the CUBE café bar. By providing a ladder of creative opportunities for artists, audiences, and participants, Déda aims to foster an understanding of and respect for dance and related art forms.

On January 5th in the evening it is the exhibition Launch night, there will also be works by renowned local artist Del Combes and together we would love to see you there. Easy to get to with a multi storey car park across the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment