Thursday 12 December 2019

New Work, Sheffield Dusk and Sheffield Sunset.

It is the moments in between that count I'm sure there's an advert this Christmas about that, (speaking of which, what has happened to Christmas ads they are so samey!) Anyway I digress.

Moments in between are the times in the car or as I was yesterday on a bus traveling back from a fab day in Leeds with nothing to do except stare out of the window. It is so rare I get these moments as I'm usually driving frantically to or from somewhere and you see nothing but a blur.

But yesterday I enjoyed an hour of watching the sunset over our wonderful country. I saw the scars of industry past and future. Cranes building and wind turbines creating clean power, hills of grass that cover the slag heaps of yesteryear. It made me want to paint as the colours were so beautiful deep reds and golds with dark rain-filled grey all amazing and for that moment I could forget all the crap going on in everyday life.
Anyway, this morning before dawn, I was up and at 'em' canvas on the easel and off I went.
And here they are 30 x 30 cm, I will bring them to the Christmas farmers market so you can see them if you are around. 9-1pm Number 28, Market Place Belper.

Sheffield at Dusk

Sheffield at Sunset



No comments:

Post a Comment