Monday 29 January 2018

Ten Small Paintings for January

Below is the results of my labours for January ten small paintings of various street scenes around Derbyshire and the UK. I've been struggling to find a consistent plan of action for a few months what with Christmas shows, birthdays, anniversaries etc.... so I've needed to find something that I can fit in around all the goings on and weekends away and visitors, kids you know life. I'm also struggling with my physical health so short bursts of work has been the plan of action.

These little paintings I am quite proud of  all together as a group I'm happy with them, some I'm not so thrilled with but that's inevitable and is at the discretion of the artist to know which they are.
I've decided for now to keep them unframed and for sale on my website at a cost of £150 each I haven't had a online show of works for sale before so its all new to me, but I figured out how to connect everything to paypal and we shall see. Prints are always available of any of my paintings too. If you are interested follow the link here

Its been nice to revisit some of the places I love and to spend a gloomy January imagining I am there. I've just come back from a weekend in Sheffield my husband is amused at how excited I am for a bit of dereliction and general urban decay!  It was our wedding anniversary treat and I spent it marveling at demolishion sites! I've booked a few days in Cleethorpes soon and I am more excited in a day trip to Grimsby Docks than anything else so I see my year kind of panning out in that sort of direction less pretty landscapes and more grime. Possibly not very commercial but sometimes you have to follow your heart.
Anyway leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of my months work.

George Street Hastings 18 x 24 cm on linen

Henrietta Street Whitby 18 x 24 cm on linen

High Street Rye 18 x 24 cm on linen

Market Place Chesterfield 18 x 24 cm on linen

Millennium Bridge Towards St Pauls 18 x 24 cm on linen

Niddry Street Edinburgh 18 x 24 cm on linen

Pelham Street Nottingham 18 x 24 cm on linen

Victoria Square Ashbourne 18 x 24 cm on linen

Water Street Bakewell 18 x 24 cm on linen

Wood Street Manchester 18 x 24 cm on linen.





No comments:

Post a Comment