Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas Eve Notes.

Im sat in my Pyjamas drinking cup of tea number one with 1930s cartoons on its 8.25 on Christmas eve morning, the cat is curled up next to my number two son who like me is an early bird. 
Im looking at my over the top Christmas decorations and totally immersed in whatever that thing is they call Christmas spirit.

Image may contain: christmas tree and indoor

I am looking forward to 2017 a lot I have most of it planned out and am excited about a new art group that my friend Karina and I have set up see http://purpleandgrey.co.uk for details, we will be meeting at Tansley Village Hall on selected Wednesdays so join us if you feel like a social painting session with a few plein air trips planned too.

Talking of plein air Ive been in talks with a local group about some very exciting workshops with a twist more details when I get them! 

In January I have a joint exhibition at deda in Derby a separate post with details, will be sent out to invite you to that.

January is all about me painting at home in my studio its been hard to balance everything its funny that the image of an artist is of one just creating if only that were true a lot of running about and admin is involved and you have to be almost antisocially strict to pick up a paintbrush!

My ideal January is one where the snow lies thick on the ground and I cant go anywhere!

The Art group will start in February and I have a solo exhibition at St John Street Gallery in March. After that its all about working towards making new work and prints for my stalls I will be at local festivals and showing with Peak District Artisans and Medley.
I have art group demos lined up and really enjoy doing these so if you know of a local art group that would like an acrylic demo get in touch.

Summer I always take off August and spend time with the kids and recharge ready for the Autumn run up to next Christmas.

But for now its a week of mince pies and roast diners and cartoons! I would like to thank all my friends, collectors and followers for support and encouragement. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment