Monday 5 November 2012

Summer Plans Lead To manic November!




 
Back over the summer when it was the long long long six week holidays I felt like I was making no headway at all with my art. But here I am in November and all those ideas opportunities and events I casually thought I should do are here!
Above and below is the Arts & Makers Festival I did yesterday at Cromford Mill, -0.5 degrees and ice dripping on to the table cloth! But as always these events are fun with so many talented artists surrounding me! I managed to sell rather unexpected items like mugs, cards and calendars with many lovely comments about my work. Somebody buy an original so I can pay for my frames!
 
 
Two interesting projects Im invovled in is the #twitterartexhibit which is a chance to show my work at Exhale Gallery Los Angeles. My submitted postcard sized entry below will be sold to raise money for charity.
 
 
And the other project is 52 artists for Bulwell where a playing card sized piece of work submitted to Nottingham Contempary Art Gallery will be distributed randomly around Bulwell to be found. My entry is below.
 
 
Ive decided to have a go at being rejected (or selected?) at two Opens the first is The Midland Open at The Tarpey Gallery Castle Donington I managed to be selected last year but with so many talented artists who knows my submission is 'London' below.
 

The other Open is the Derby City Open I thought Id try but not certain Im up to standard yet as looking at the previous winners I just want to go and do a fine art degree, then a masters, then a doctorate! But I will chance it with Autumn Impression below.

 
Two shows I am in during November are The Crocus Open in Nottingham showing 'Riverina Waterfall' below. Open Night 16th November.

 
And Banks Mill Open Studios Derby with 'Winatts Pass.' 23rd-25th November.

 
And Im really pleased with my November exhibition at The Treatplace Crich where Rona has placed my big banner in her window for all of Crich to see! She is showing my abstracts only including 'Theres a Rainbow at The Bottom of the Garden'

 
And thats not all I am part of The Studio 61 Christmas Pop Up Gallery at Park Farm Allestree 17th-25th of November!
And as soon as November finishes I will be displaying my work at Broomfield Derby College Morely at their Food and Craft show on the 2nd of December. With a follow up a week later back at the wonderful Cromford Mill Arts& Makers Christmas fair 8th December with rumours of reindeers and a man in a red suit and white beard!!!!
So although I felt like I was doing nothing in the summer I sure am now! Hope to see some of you at any of the above events!

Christmas presents can be bought from me at http://ruth-gray.artistwebsites.com/ or email ruthgrayimages@hotmail.com/ for originals or commisions.
 
 
 


Websites for Photographers

No comments:

Post a Comment