Friday, 19 May 2017

On being a Friend.



I am a generally happy person but I have my own issues like we all have and occasionally I am reminded of the past by hearing a fleeting comment or a song on the radio and I can be in floods of tears just as I am driving to an appointment! This week I was reminded of my son I lost and it hit me like a wave, but I have some amazing  friends that prop me up friends who give you a hug unexpectedly when they know you just need one.

Any of you that are my virtual friends I am glad you are still with me and at the end of the day we are lucky in this day and age to have a mix of real and virtual. Online friendships can be just as rewarding as offline ones and sometimes the two cross over.  I never have any high expectations of others because I believe we are all doing our best in this fast paced world but it never ceases to amaze me the high expectations some do have, but that is their issue not mine.
 So if I haven't seen you for a while or you haven't seen me for a while be sure to know its all OK life is like that sometimes we cant always be available.


As life carry's on I seem to have less and less time to see real friends my family are growing and they take up all my spare time in the evenings with their clubs and sports. I know that those who truly care will understand as its just the phase of life I'm in at the moment when they grow up and leave home there will be less of that. I work most weekends too so I rarely see my husband so if I get a weekend off I like to just spend it with him watching motorbike racing and listening to heavy rock :)

So what am I saying? I don't know but I suppose I'm saying time is precious at the moment and I feel I have not seen everyone I want to see for a while and I'm possibly in that modern trap of feeling guilty of not having been able to do this and that or give time to that person who has unfriended me on Facebook! (ugh we have all been there)

Many working people are in the same boat. I have spent the last few weeks preparing for shows and writing articles and painting along with the PR that goes with it all. My sisters and brothers have probably been running around after their kids and full time jobs, my mates have also been up to their neck in it exams, job hunting,new projects life! I don't hold any grudges against anyone life has a way of bringing you together when the time is right and if it doesn't then so be it.
Real Friends Understand xxx

heres some of my latest work all available at Derbyshire Open Arts,