Thursday 2 March 2017

Woodlands and Riverbanks


The last few blog posts detail the work I have been doing for my Woodland and Riverbanks exhibition. This show will bring together several acrylic works on canvas that convey the atmosphere and mood of Derbyshire’s ancient woodlands and historic industrial riverbanks.

Read the St John Street Gallery Interview here where I talk about my past and my future plans.
The online catalogue is here also to reserve a painting please contact St John Street Gallery. 

After painting my Derwent Valley series, I felt the need to explore beyond just the buildings and at this moment with all the turmoil in the world it has been nice to escape. I have included a few picnickers, painters, dancers, runners, and walkers they were all in the woods or by the rivers escaping the humdrum of daily life and I’ve really enjoyed being in this painterly world of happiness.  I hope you can join me at the preview and let me know whether I have succeeded in my attempts to get away from it all!


You can see a few of the new paintings featured here in this wonderful You Tube video made by the lovely Earth Pathways Diary and you can hear me being interviewed again at home on the day Donald Trump was sworn in.

Interview with the Earth Pathways Diary 

I hope you can make it on the 17th 5-8pm at St John Street Gallery wine and light snacks will be available.  so come and say hello if not it will be on till April 1st.

Other News
 I will have three paintings in a group show at Royal Derby Hospital ‘The TEN’ exhibition by Air Arts
will celebrate sustainability, connections between arts and health, arts and medicine and what they mean to the artist.
http://www.airarts.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment