Friday 12 October 2012

The Rook Cafe Gallery Shop Hartington

 

Hartington in the Peak district has a few memories for me, mainly of being lost around the Tissington Trail with my fellow primary school friends while the teachers argued which way back through the fog Hartington YHA was!

Today though it was brilliant sunshine as I dropped my paintings off to The Rook Cafe Gallery Shop.



The young couple who are running it say they have been so busy this Summer season they have had no time for marketing! Which I think is fantastic as I unfortunately have had plenty of time for marketing! So I think they must be doing something right!




 
 
In the Summer I gave them my abstracts to sell but as the season has progressed they are having more luck with smaller paintings and cards so I delievered my Boy On A Beach Original and some Gilcee prints and cards.
 
There is a good selection of artwork ceramics and prints as well as frames and mounts at extremely good prices. The food and drinks available is all fresh homecooked and I can recommend a BLT and coffee! They also provide a takeaway  on a Wednesday and Saturday night so really its a great all round service.
What is quite exciting from an artists perspective is that the space at the back of the gallery is going to be rented out and turned into a venue for artists to exhibit which I think is a great idea.
 
So if you are thinking of something to do at the weekend or after a ramble around Hartington I think The Rook Gallery Cafe Shop is definitley worth a visit.
01298 84745

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment