Saturday 22 September 2012

Associating, Fairs, Co-ordinating and Painting




This week has been massive fun!! Ive started my new project to paint my way around Ashbourne Monday it was (Lanterns and Carols see earlier post below)

Tuesday I went to Banks Mill Studios to find out more about being an associate member and I am now looking forward to being part of their open studios in November. In the afternoon I met with Karina Goodman of Studio 61 Gallery to discuss becoming her volunteer Arts coordinator the role is going to be so much fun writing the gallery blog and organising art events and workshops if you want to discuss holding an event at the gallery contact me at my email ruthgrayimages@hotmail.com

Wednesday it was the Derwent Business fair a great event held at the very grand Strutt House in Belper there were over 40 other businesses taking part and was an excellent showcase for my paintings of Belper. I met some very interesting people there and it was good to be one of the few artists there as it made the work stand out from the crowd.
My stall at the 1st ever The Derwent Business Fair
 
Thursday was back to painting Ashbourne and this time it was a small scale painting:
 
View From Belle Vue Road Ashbourne 13 x 37.5cm
 
And Friday I finally got to paint abstract:
 
 
This piece will be available at The Banks Mill Open Studios and is part of a  long running imagined series of Alpine inspired work.
So time to enjoy the weekend and look forward to more art next week!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment